Studio By The Tracks to Host Community Event to Celebrate the Opening of the Studio Store in Irondale
Who: Studio By the Tracks is a nonprofit organization serving adult artists with autism spectrum disorders, providing a social network and career path that enriches their artists’ lives.
What: The Grand Opening of the Studio Store, Studio By The Tracks’ gallery and retail store, where you can purchase original works of art and merchandise designed by Studio By The Tracks artists. This is a free event with live acoustic music, arts activities for all ages, and complementary food and drink.
When: Saturday June 27th, 2019 from 10am-3pm
Where: Studio By the Tracks is located at 301 20th St S in Irondale, Alabama (35210)
Studio By The Tracks is celebrating the grand opening of their year-around retail gallery at their historic downtown Irondale location with a family-friendly community event on Saturday July 27th from 10am to 3pm. Festivities will include art activities for all ages, live music, a summer treats food truck, and the studio will be providing complementary beer, wine, lemonade, water and snacks. The Studio Store, which officially opens on Wednesday July 10th for regular hours (Wednesdays through Saturdays from 10am to 3pm), features original artwork and merchandise like socks, tees, mugs, aprons, and more, all designed by Studio By The Tracks artists. Purchases from the Studio Store put money in the pockets of Studio By the Tracks’ artists, who receive 60% of all sales of their works. (The remaining 40% goes back into the organization, continuing their mission.)
Studio By The Tracks supports adult artists with autism spectrum disorders with art studio space, supplies, representation, and supplemental income via commissions from sales of their artwork. The organization also partners with Glenwood of Birmingham to serve children with behavioral or emotional disorders with weekly art education classes. The staff and volunteers work with their artists to use self expression through visual arts as a means of processing emotions, relieving stress, engaging in social relationships, and building confidence. For more information about this organization, please visit studiobythetracks.org or follow Studio By The Tracks on Facebook or Instagram. Email inquiries can be sent to at firstname.lastname@example.org.