Why Do Business In Irondale?
Irondale has all the features businesses are looking for: talent, infrastructure, location – plus one more – a local government that is eager to partner with local businesses. If you’re looking to start, expand or locate a business, get to know Irondale, Alabama. We are a small city with big city innovation and big city benefits close at hand. We believe in business friendly government with an eye toward the future. If you work or shop in Irondale, or are considering locating your business here, we would be happy to partner with you and call you our neighbor !!
Irondale’s Value Proposition:
Location! Location! Location !
- Interstate Access – Irondale has over (18) miles of Interstate and close access to (6) Exchanges including; Interstate-59, Interstate-20, Jefferson County Perimeter I-459, State Highway – 78 and State Highway – 11
- Rail – Irondale is a major railway hub for Norfolk Southern Railroad. Irondale also has run-through power from KCS, BNSF and UP railways
- Air – Less than 10 minutes from the Birmingham International Airport
Low market entry cost
- No Occupational Tax
- The City of Irondale has one of the region’s lowest property tax rates
- City provided business incentives ( where applicable)
- City government focused on building strong relationships with local businesses
Vibrant economic development activity
- In April 2016, The City of Irondale adopted the City’s first ever Comprehension Plan named ” Irondale On The Move.” This plan will serve as a blueprint for implementing strategies to ensure Irondale’s economic and community growth and sustainability over the next 10-15 years.
- The City of Irondale has invested over $20M for economic development related projects over the next two years. The scope of these projects include; major road modification projects (Grants Mill Rd/I-459 and Hwy 78), private sewer system expansion, new residential developments, parks/greenspace enhancements and commmercial development projects.
- Plenty of available commercial real estate along the City’s major commercial corridors. Click here to view a listing of available Irondale commercial properties.
Convenient Shipping and Logistics
- Federal Express has a major distribution hub located in Irondale
- United Parcel Service has a major distribution hub located less than 10 miles from Irondale
- Close proximity to major rail and air distribution facilities
For detailed Demographic Data about Irondale please follow the link below: