OUTSIDE WATER ACTIVITIES:
During dry conditions, customers generally water lawns and gardens more frequently. Also, usage due to washing cars, home maintenance, pools or playing in sprinklers, and general outside activities increases.
The Average Daily Consumption increases as the number of gallons used per day often increases due to dry conditions and seasonal water usage.
HOSE SIZE LBS.PRESSURE TIME GALLONS USED
1/2 INCH 60 lbs 1 HOUR 630
518 INCH 60 lbs 1 HOUR 1,020
3/4 INCH 60 lbs 1 HOUR 1,860
INSIDE WATER ACTIVITIES:
- Toilet Flushing Per flush = 1.5 – 3 gallons
- Shower per minute = 7 – 10 gallons
- Bath (Full tub conventional) = 36 – 50 gallons
- Whirlpool = 40 – 80 gallons
- Laundry Machine (full load) top loader = 60 gallons
- Dishwasher normal load = 15 gallons
- Dish washing by hand tap running = 30 gallons
- Shaving tap running = 20 gallons
- Brushing Teeth tap running = 10 gallons
- Washing Hands tap running = 2 gallons
AVERAGE WATER CONSUMPTION PER DAY PER PERSON = 70 GALLONS
During hot, dry conditions, general water consumption for bathing, laundry, and overall water usage increases.
The average shower is 12 to 15 minutes. A 15 minute shower uses approximately 150 gallons of water. Many people take longer than 15 minute showers. Often, during the hot weather we shower more than one time per day.