Places to Shop
Shopping in Irondale offers a mix of local boutiques, antique shops, art galleries and national retailers. Irondale is also very convenient to many popular area shopping locations including:
- The Station at Grants Mill
- The Shops at Grand River
- Brookwood Village
- The Summit
- Crestwood Festival
- Bass Pro Shop – Leeds
- The Riverchase Galleria
- Trussville Promenade
- English Village – Mountain Brook
Places to Eat and Hang Out
Bring your appetite when you come to Irondale. From good down home soul food, finger licking barbecue to burgers that are to die for…we’ve got you covered. A few well known eateries and places to hang out around Irondale include:
- Irondale Cafe
- Green Acres Fried Chicken
- Golden Rule Barbecue
- Hamburger Heaven
- Jack’s Hamburger’s
- The Station at Grants Mill – Gus Hot Dogs, Trios Sports Bar & Chat Over Coffee
- Lakeview District – On Tap Sports, Slice, Moes Barbecue, Jimmy Johns and Oasis
- Uptown Birmingham
Annual Festivals and Community Events
- The city’s annual Whistle Stop Festival is the longest running and most popular community event. Thousands attend annually and enjoy a full day of eclectic art, food,music and family fun !!!
- Jazz In The Park concert series at Beacon Park
- The Annual Irondale Spring Fest is a multi-cultural festival held in Historic Downtown Irondale featuring; a variety of music, food, arts/crafts and and fun for all ages.
- Irondale National Night Out Celebration held annually in Historic Downtown Irondale. This event features music, food and fun an opportunity for the citizens of Irondale to interact with neighbors, law enforcement and public officials.
- The Alabama Asian Cultures Food Festival at Zamora Temple
- The Cahaba Landing is a popular Irondale park located along the great Cahaba River. It has a 1.5 mile nature trail, canoe launch pad, great fishing spots and several picnic areas.
- Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve is one the nations largest privately managed nature preserves. Ruffner Mountain has over 1,000 acres of historic mining ruins, over 10 miles of walking trails and a state of the art nature center.
- The Station at Grants Mill is the city’s newest attraction which features railroad cars re-suited for dining, Adventure Park, Irondale Dog Park, shops and restaurants.Adventure Park.
- Historic Downtown Irondale – The heart of Irondale and home of the legendary Irondale Cafe, antique shops, art studios, a restored train caboose (future Welcome Center) and a large covered train viewing platform (over 50 trains pass through daily) which attracts thousands of visitors annually. http://railfanlocations.tripod.com/irondale-al.html
Historic Irondale Caboose
- Pine Tree Country Club
- Birmingham Race Course / Public Golf Driving Range
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Birmingham Zoo
- Railroad Park
- Regions Field
- Vulcan Park & Museum
- The Southern Museum of Flight
- The McWane Science Center
The Arts and Culture
- Andrea Lucas Studios
- Studio By The Tracks
- Birmingham Museum of Art
- Naked Art Museum
- Birmingham Civil Rights Museum